top of page
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
serves 1 to 2
2 T honey
1 t Vanilla
1/2 T cocao powder
1. Put the avocados into a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Add 3 tablespoons of the honey with the vanilla and cacao powder and blend again until completely combined. Taste and add more honey if necessary.
Sweet Potato Gnoochi
1 large sweet potato
1 tsp salt
1 tsp brown sugar
1T chopped or dry basil
1/8 tsp (large pinch) nutmeg
1 ½ -2 cups all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
Rub potatoes with olive oil and pierce on all sides with a fork. Place on a large baking sheet and bake for 45 mins to 1 hour until soft. Turning every 20 mins to allow for even baking.
Allow to cool slightly then remove peels and cut into quarters
Now for the Pasta
4. Mash Potato and create a small well in the center of the potato mound. Add egg, salt, nutmeg and 1 ½ cups of flour. Stir with a fork and then hands until a dough forms. Sprinkle some of the remaining ½ cup of flour on a work surface and work in the remaining flour just as needed, to create a non-sticky workable dough.
3. Cut off medium sized balls and roll into a large rope.
4. Cut off 1 in pieces and transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and lightly dusted with flour.
5. Continue rolling and cutting until all the gnocchi are cut.
6. Place baking sheet in freezer until ready to serve.
7. Then boil a large pot of water.
8. Meanwhile melt butter in a large skillet once foamy add the fresh sage and sizzle the sage until crispy. Add salt and pepper.
9. Remove butter from heat and allow to rest at room temperature.
10. Boil gnocchi in batches (2-3 servings at a time) they only take 2-3 minutes and will float to the top when done.
11. Strain with a hand strainer and transfer to skillet pan sear , serve immediately
bottom of page